- This event has passed.
Lunar New Year Special Luncheon
January 19 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Lunar New Year is a celebration of the arrival of spring and the beginning of a new year on the lunisolar calendar. Let’s celebrate the Lunar New Year together by sharing a yummy, family-style meal to ring in 2023, the year of the rabbit!
We will be showing the documentary Carved in Silence, by award winning independent media producer Felicia Lowe, which focuses on Angel Island Immigration Station. Cost: $12 for members, $15 for nonmembers. Registration required, see information below.
Lunar New Year Menu:
- Exotic Jasmine and Rose Flower Tea
- “Prosperity” Chicken Dumplings Served in a Ginger Broth with Golden Egg Drops
- “Lucky 3” Spring Rolls with Trio of Sauces
- “Longevity” Yee Sang Noodle Salad
- “Unity” Lions Head (Beef and Pork) Meatballs Braised with Napa Cabbage, Mushrooms, Scallions
- “Happiness” Firecracker Celebration Shrimp
- “Abundance” Buddha’s Delight Stirfried Vegetables
- Eight Treasure Fried Rice
- Surprise Dessert