Painting with Acrylics (remote)
Thursdays | 10:30am-12:30pm
In Debra’s class, you will learn about the materials and techniques of painting with acrylics. Debra will cover color mixing, composition, and creating dynamic and well-crafted paintings. Previous experience is not required. See below for recommended materials. To register, call Guest Services at 415-456-9062. A Zoom link will be provided upon registration.
Recommended Materials for Painting with Acrylics:
Materials are available at Rileystreet Art Supply on 4th St. in San Rafael. Tell them you’re taking Debra Maddox’s class at Vivalon to receive a 10% discount. Also, some materials may be obtained at Michaels, DickBlick.com, Amazon or Perry’s in San Anselmo.
- Brushes – Princeton Dakota filberts (#2 and #4) and Princeton Dakota bright (#8)
- Watercolor or acrylics paper (cheaper brands are okay)
- Liquitex extender/blender medium to slow drying time
- Acrylic Paint (brand recommendations: Liquitex Acrylics or Golden Open Acrylics – Golden Open is more expensive, but higher quality). You can start with a Liquitex starter set, or purchase the following colors:
- White – buy the large size Liquitex Basics
- Paynes Grey
- Cad Yellow
- Naples Yellow
- Cad Red
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cerulean Blue
- Ultramarine Blue
- Burnt Umber
- Burnt Sienna
- Palette: Disposable paper palettes or paper plates are a good start. There is also the “Sta-Wet” paint storage system to keep your paints moist from week to week.
- Grey Scale and Value Finder
- Pocket Color Whee
Painting by Kat Ryan.