- This event has passed.
Library Tech Topics Part 2: Using Zoom (In Person/Remote)
February 8 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Did you know you have free access to e-books, magazines, music, and movies at your fingertips from your local public library? This class will show you how to download and use Zoom, and the basics of using the camera, mute and chat functions so that you can confidently take part in subsequent Library Tech Topics sessions – or any Vivalon remote class! – remotely if you choose, and not miss out. The class is relevant for both Apple and non-Apple devices.
This class is the second in a four-part series held each month on Thursdays. The final two sessions will guide you in how to access and use all the exciting free online resources available from the library. In order to get the most from the series it is strongly recommended to start by attending the first two sessions.
Prerequisites: all participants must –
- have a valid library card in Marin County. (If you need to check your account status, home library, or verify your PIN number, please contact your local public library.)
- to obtain a library card: https://marinet.lib.ca.us/screens/selfregmenuonline.html
- to reset your library card PIN: https://marinet.lib.ca.us/pinreset
- know your email addresses and be able to access your email from your device. Please bring any passwords you have for your email (most important!), Amazon, and your Apple ID, if possible;
- have basic knowledge of operating your personal device;
- have a basic understanding of how to use your phone to download apps and access the internet.
It is strongly recommended to bring your own device so you can learn on it.
Instructor: William Calhoun, Electronic Services Librarian at San Rafael Public Library
Registration required. Please call Guest Services (415) 456-9062 or email [email protected] to register. Please specify if you would like to attend in person or via Zoom.